Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Yesterday I did some shopping and worked on packing, and that was about it.

Today I headed over to the institute where Gord teaches to hear Phyllis give a brown bag presentation on Jane Austen. I most definitely have to reread Austen's works and will work on that when I get back home. I think I'll read them in the order they were written this time. Gord had to meet a couple of students and so I wandered over to a small shopping street nearby to wait for him. There I found an eyeglass store and I left with a new pair of frames! I just need to get the lenses when I get home. (I hope I still like them when I get back.)

Tom and Jill and Jess came over for some wine and nibbles and then the five of us went out to an Italian restaurant down the street. Tom and Gord wanted to take Jess (the RA) out to thank her for all that she had done this semester. We had a nice time. Jess headed back to the residence hall for Wednesday night study break--tonight they were going to make gingerbread houses. The rest of us went to our pub, the Elephant and Castle, for a last drink.

The rest of the week is supposed to be rainy. Good packing weather.

No comments: