Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm getting lazy about my postings, have you noticed? Well, maybe it's really because I'm starting to slow down some and I'm not getting out to do stuff everyday. I've been busy with mundane stuff, marketing, that kind of thing. Not very exciting for the blog.

I opened a Facebook account yesterday and in my wanderings discovered that an invitation to an all-night Hallowe'en party was posted on a certain someone's page, inviting everyone to come and to bring their friends, too. Problem is, it was at our house!!! Now I knew that a party was planned but I was under the impression that it was going to be a few friends, people I knew. But my whole day was ruined with the visions dancing in my head, and they weren't of sugarplums either. Well I feel somewhat better after talking to the party's host on the phone late last night. They feel confident that they know who is coming, there was no address listed, they expect only fifteen people (all over 21), those fifteen people will make sure nobody else is allowed in, and the invitation is no longer listed on Facebook. I have no choice but to trust that all will be well. But if anyone wants to go check it out, feel free. And, since it's a costume party, might I suggest that you dress up as a police officer? Oh, and we don't normally have port-a-potties in our yard so, if you seen any, that's a bad sign.

We had four of the students to dinner last night. Next week is the last group.

Tonight we met J and J, our London friends, for dinner and a play. We ate at one of the first gastropubs in London, The Anchor and The Hope. The food was very good and what a "hopping" place it was. The crowds were even larger on the way out than on the way in. We went to the Old Vic to see All About my Mother, a play based on the Pedro Almodovar movie of the same name. Overall I enjoyed it a lot, although there were a few things at the beginning that didn't work so well I thought. Diana Rigg was in it, but we were well into the first half before I remembered it. (Admittedly she has changed quite a bit from her days on The Avengers!) I haven't seen the movie but will definitely do so (it's been on my Netflix list for a long time).

Trivia: We saw The Wind in the Willows at the Old Vic in 1996. Kevin Spacey is the Artistic Director of the Old Vic Theatre Company nowadays.

Reading: Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

2 comments:

Belle said...

You and I would have much to discuss when and if we meet! "All About My Mother" is possibly one of my top three favorite movies of all time; definitely in my top five. Was Diana Rigg the mom? Amazing!

Ah, "The Wind in the Willows". My son is reading it with his dad these days. We have a friend who works with Mr. Spacey!

Jane said...

Belle, Diana Rigg played the actress Huma Rojo.