Tuesday, October 9, 2007

We started off the morning with eggs from some Columbian Blacktail Hens, prepared by chef Gordon. I was planning to make them but got busy "blogging."

Today was cold and rainy and not a good day for being outdoors. (It actually wasn't so cold I found out later, but the flat seemed cold so I assumed the outside was too.) So I did things at home and ventured out late afternoon with Gord to do food shopping for tomorrow's student dinner. The rain stopped on the way home and the sky turned blue and it was quite nice. I've noticed that it is often milder in the evening than during the day. (Which reminds me that I was going to go for a walk after dinner and forgot.)

I decided I needed to go over that 27-page inventory list to make sure we have everything our landlords say we have. I didn't finish it but did find some minor inconsistencies already. I could only find four corkscrews instead of five (!), and only three napkin rings instead of four. I can't believe how detailed it is. I mean, could we really run off with the radiators? But I understand their point, well not about the radiators or the doorknobs or baseboards, but about leaving your home in the hands of strangers.

I then spent a goodly amount of time pouring through this week's Time Out magazine to figure out my game plan for the week. There are so many choices!

And I'm still reading Middlemarch--it's a long one and I need to have long spans of time to devote to it. I am enjoying it though, very much.

I just remembered something about yesterday. After I was finished at the Courtauld Gallery, I was standing in the courtyard and noticed the cutest little mouse nearby. I never thought I would say that about a mouse, but it really was. I should have taken a photo to prove it. I watched it for awhile before starting my walking tour. Okay, that was exciting. I can just hear my daughters telling me "Good story, mom." Definitely time to say good night.

No comments: