Saturday, September 1, 2007

Oh happy joy! I have my suitcase, my clothes, my makeup, my brush, well, you get the picture.
Friday--I spent many happy hours walking the city, from Baker Street to Portman Square, past Wigmore Hall (disappointed to see that there is no 11:30 performance this Sunday), Cavendish Square, Oxford Street past Oxford Circus (the multi-story shoe store on the southeast corner is gone), into Bloomsbury, past the British Museum (the big bronze face out front is no more), into Covent Garden for bangers and mash at Porters, then Leicester Square and past the National Gallery to Trafalgar Square. I could use a new set of feet right now, but it was well worth it. The previous evening we were in Chelsea and walked across the Albert Bridge to Battersea Park for pizza in the park with the students.

I now have a mobile phone and can call home for 10 cents a minute.

Now it's on to some museums. Stay tuned.

Reading: Time Out London magazine ("London's Weekly Listings Bible") and Shroud for a Nightingale by P.D. James

No comments: