Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Okay so I finally succumbed to the temptation of our downstairs bakery. Yesterday, Gord suggested we go downstairs for breakfast. Gord had eggs benedict and I had a nata tart which is a Portuguese pastry, basically egg custard in a little shell. But even worse, we had some of the students over for dinner tonight and we bought a beautiful strawberry tart from downstairs, also with a custard filling. So two days in a row. Not a good trend. I should have taken a photo but now it's too late. :-)

Today I did nothing outside. Once I finished uploading photos from yesterday and doing my blog, there was really not enough time to go out before starting dinner for the students. I think they enjoyed themselves. We walked them to the subway afterward. It had been cold all day; the night was cool but not too bad. Then we stopped in at the Elephant & Castle. I opted for a final gin and tonic of the season instead of a pint. Wouldn't want to get malaria.

The BBC has a documentary series called Storyville and yesterday it happened to be on Thomas Lynch, a poet, essayist, and funeral director from Michigan. My parents and his parents were very close friends, so much so that we called his parents Uncle Ed and Aunt Rosemary. Now I have watched very little television here, but I just happened to look at the listings in my Time Out magazine the night before. How fortuitous!

No comments: