Sunday, November 25, 2007

Carole and family left this morning. Spent a quiet day until mid-afternoon when we left for the Fulham Football Club to see Fulham play the Blackburn Rovers. (Sorry, Ira, I know you wanted us to go see the Queen's Park Rangers.) We didn't need directions. Once we got to the Putney Bridge station, we followed the crowds along the river. The first half of the game was really bad. Even I could tell that neither team was playing well. There was an injury within the first minute of play and they almost had to bring the player off the field in a stretcher, but they bandaged up his leg and he was able to hobble off with the help of two others after about ten minutes. That was the extent of the excitement for that half, however. It was interesting to listen to the comments from the people around us and to the chants from the crowds in general, though. Thankfully the second half was much more exciting. Fulham got the first goal and the roar from the crowds was deafening. Unfortunately the Blackburn Rovers followed with a goal right away. Two more goals and the game ended in a 2-2 tie. I'm glad I got to see a game, but I don't need to see another one anytime soon.

Two weeks from today we'll be home! We'll miss our London neighborhood when we leave.

Gord thinks I should do a blog when I get home and call it Forever Wild in Wilton. It's interesting that he said that, because I very briefly considered starting one about my job search (I canned the idea, though, thinking that it might be too depressing!). And frankly I'll be happy to lay this baby to rest and get back to reading more. Speaking of. . .

Reading: The Radiant Way, by Margaret Drabble

Election Results: Well, maybe not as many people are reading this blog as I thought! I only received three votes for the plaque election and they were all different. A big thank you to those who voted. I received one for Virginia Woolf, one for Jacob Epstein, and one for Winston Churchill. So I say it's a three-way tie for first place.

No comments: