Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I got a new "do" today (as in hair). I was putting it off, letting the gray grow in (did I say gray?), but I couldn't take it any longer. So I went to see Brenda who took it all away. And then Sandie who gave me a new hair style. I'm good as new now. But, for some reason, I have this song stuck in my head--"The old gray mare she ain't what she used to be."

My appointment was in the middle of the day, which did not leave time to go to a museum. But I did have time for a walk. After a library stop, I decided to follow Kensington High Street west, beyond the post office and the Waitrose grocery store for about 3/4 of a mile--almost to Hammersmith. I discovered an interesting Persian restaurant. (It's all about food, isn't it?) And right next to that was an Iranian market where I bought some fresh mint leaves (for my mint tea--they're so much fresher than at the grocery store), a mango, a pomegranate, some special dried figs, some lemon flavored almonds and pistachios. I stopped at the post office to mail a postcard to Roz, and then went to the grocery store to stock up on other groceries. My sister and brother-in-law and their three children are arriving at 7 AM, and they're probably getting ready to board their plane as I write this. Well I overdid it on the purchases and thought I was going to kill myself trying to carry it all home, but I made it and my arms got a good workout. And now I can feed everyone. Well actually I need two more items that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Still reading The Moonstone and enjoying it, but somehow I haven't been able to read my usual book a week. I think it has something to do with this blog. . . . may it rest in peace soon.

Don't forget to vote for your favourite plaque (see November 17 entry).

Missing my girls. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are gorgeous. Missing the M. crew - hope they are having a bloody good time!