Thursday, November 15, 2007

I got a late start today because I spent the morning reading. Gord was working at home and suggested we go out for lunch, so we walked over to an Indian restaurant that we had been wanting to try--Zaika. It was fabulous, as good or even better than last night's meal at Veeraswamy.

After our meal, Gord went back home and I walked for a bit, then took the tube to Leicester Square to buy discount tickets for a play tonight. My plan was to go to Apsley House, also known as the Wellington Museum, located at Hyde Park Corner. But when I got there it was an hour before they closed and I was told that I would need at least 1-1/2 hours. Not wanting to have to rush through his fine collection of paintings, I opted to come back another day. I seem to be messing up a lot lately with my timing on things. I'm not going to get through my list if I keep that up. So I did some grocery shopping and came home early.

After a quick meal, we went to the Comedy Theatre to see Boeing-Boeing written by Marc Camoletti in 1961. It took both of us a while to start enjoying it, but it really was funny and brilliantly choreographed. I think the very bad American accent of one actor was off-putting and distracting but she didn't come back on again until near the end. Jean Marsh as Bertha was very good.

Favourite plaque of the day:


A belated happy birthday Roz!

No comments: